These days it's like barely a day passes that I don't notice her learning to do something new. She can:
- Run and jump like a pro! She used to fall all over the place when trying to run; those days are long gone!
- She easily undresses herself. Yup! I have the child that has to be watched because she will strip naked. My mom proudly proclaimed that Jackie inherited this trait from her, apparently my mom did the same thing as a toddler. Thanks mom!
- She can climb anything: the kitchen table, the couch, the recliner, any stand I have in my house, any kind of stairs. I am shocked we haven't ended up in the ER yet, but so far so good!
- She feeds herself with utensils without making a huge mess. This was a big one because we rent, so it's definitely a plus to not be putting stains in the carpet.
My favorite part about this age is how helpful she is. She loves to help mommy in any way. Some of her favorite "chores" are:
- Cleaning up all her toys, especially if mommy sings the clean-up song!
- Dusting! If I give her a baby wipe she will wipe down our end tables and entertainment stand.
- Helping with baby brother in any way! From throwing away dirty diapers, to getting mommy the wipes, or handing me Levi's bottle. I love that she is like my "little mama".
- Folding laundry. This is probably her favorite thing to help with. She loves separating all the clothes (with mommy's help), and folding everything into a big pile.
This was Jackie dressed up for my daycare's Halloween party last year, and the other picture was taken a few days ago while eating breakfast. Where did my baby go??
I can't believe Thanksgiving and Christmas are just weeks away. Before I know it Jackie will be turning 2. Where has the year 2013 gone? Time is just flying by...