Sunday, November 24, 2013

Promises

Well, I have made it through my first 3 weeks of work! I really like my job, and I have been doing very well. I have finished all my initial trainings (except for one which I will finish that one Monday-Tuesday) so last week I got my own case load; I was very excited about that! Thankfully, all of my co-workers seem nice, and they help me out with any questions I have. Trying to fit in with new co-workers was actually what I was most nervous about, because in my line of work, it's mostly women-you know how catty and mean some women are! But, so-far-so-good!


Jackie and Levi have adjusted well to me going to work! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that for most of the day Roger has them. Then, for 3 days a week he takes them to my sister for just a few hours until I get off work. The first week was a little hard on all of us- I'm not gonna lie; the first day I left for work I cried like a baby in the car! But each day has gotten easier. I got my first pay yesterday, just in time for Black Friday :).

Last Saturday, my church had a ladies day out, we had: several guest speakers, singing, games, a catered lunch, giveaways and tons of other activities. I was able to bring along my best friend, Kristina, and we just had the best time! I am so glad she was able to come out for the day! The theme of the day was, "Upsy Daisy"- how to stay up in a world pulling you down. The entire day was amazing, but at the very end of the day, my pastor's wife shared a devotion on God's promises. Can I just say, I am so thankful for the word of God! So many times I have felt hopeless and by just opening my Bible and reading the word my faith is renewed and made strong! Thank you Lord!

The devotion she shared showed me that first off, you must be in God's word to know His promises! She shared 4 promises that we can find in God's word (there are many, many more than just these four though):

  • The promise of wisdom. Proverbs 3:6 says, "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Also, Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." I'm so thankful that I have a God in heaven who hears and answers my prayers! If you are confused or lost in a situation, I encourage you to seek God's wisdom in prayer!
  • The promise of strength. Psalm 29:11 says, "The LORD will give strength unto his people, the LORD will bless his people with peace." Psalm 28:8, The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his annointed." Thank you Lord for being my strength, because I know I am weak without you!
  • The promise of comfort. The last part of Hebrews 13:5 says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." John 14:16, "And I will pray the father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" Thank you Lord that I know you are always with me- no matter the situation, you are always there! Thank you Lord for the Holy Spirit that comforts my heart when trials come my way!
  • And lastly we can find the promise of salvation. This promise makes me wanna shout! Romans 10:9 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." And of course John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Thank you Lord for dying for my sins! I am so thankful I KNOW without a doubt I will spend eternity in heaven! 
At the end of the devotion I was able to pray with my dear friend, Kristina. God brought us together about 5 years ago when we both were trying to get pregnant, and we connected because we were the only young ladies in our church who could not get pregnant. We have prayed for each other and leaned on each other through some hard times. She has had an especially rough few months with losing twins after her last (and final) IVF, and this past Friday she had a hysterectomy. She is in a tough and very dark place. The surgeon was unable to find her left ovary (he said her endo was the worst he has ever seen) so it's likely she will still be in pain, and she will probably need another surgery to remove the ovary later on. Whenever I talk to her I am at a complete loss for words. I just sit and listen and I try to be as encouraging as I can be. I can't believe her chance to carry her own babies is gone; it makes me so emotional just to think about it! I would greatly appreciate it if you all could remember her in your prayers. And pray for me also, that God would give me wisdom in how to be a good friend to her, and how to help her heal. Times like these make me think of the verse Romans 8:28, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." I am so thankful that when I'm too broken hearted to pray that the Holy Spirit is inside of me making groanings to God for what I need. I know that The Lord is with Kristina, and I know he will give her the wisdom, strength and peace to move on from infertility. And girl, if you're reading this, you know I love you and I'm praying for you!










2 comments: