Sunday, April 7, 2013

Big Changes going on!

Just wanted to give a quick update! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to blog in a while, I have had so much going on!

Roger and I have some very exciting news!



That's right! Jackie is going to be a big sister! Here's the quick TTC story on this little one!  I did not go on birth control after Jackie was born because I knew we wanted to start trying for a sibling when Jackie turned a year old and birth control really messes up my cycles. So, I wanted to see if after having Jackie if my cycles would return to normal, which they did. In July I started back on metformin to help me lose weight, which it did, and I lost about 25lbs after Jackie was born. In November my husband and I decided to start trying for number 2, and I was completely shocked when on December 1st I got a positive home pregnancy test! I remember saying to my husband, "Wow, I guess this is what normal couples do, they decide to have a baby and it just happens!" Now, we had not shared the news up until this point because I had some difficulty in the 1st trimester with low progesterone, (with my first blood draw my progesterone was only 7.5) and I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at around 10 weeks this time. I am now almost 23 weeks and we found out we are having a BOY a few weeks ago! I'd really appreciate your prayers, in addition to a regular O.B. this time I am also seeing a perinataolgist who is keeping an eye on my diabetes and on my blood pressures to make sure I don't have any troubles with pre-eclampsia this time. I am truly so thankful to God for his blessings. It's crazy to think just 2 years ago I was trying to deal with the thought that I might never have children to now where God has blessed me with a girl and a boy! God has been so good to me, and believe me when I say, He hears our prayers! I love this verse and I read it so many times when I couldn't conceive: Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."


The first decision we made within a few weeks of finding out I was pregnant again was to close my home day care. Watching 7 children all under the age of 5 for 12+ hours a day was extremely trying for me when I was pregnant with Jackie, and my doctors kept encouraging me to slow down or I would end up with high blood pressure. I remember several times my doctor saying to me that lots of women can be on their feet and work all day while pregnant, but I was just not one of those women. I never listened  though, and not listening got me a 10 day stay in the hospital and an induction at 37 weeks. Closing my home day care was bittersweet, I loved those children like they were my own, and several of them I had since they were babies. The Bible says in Psalm 113:9 "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother to children. Praise ye the LORD." I found this verse to be very true, I don't even know how many times my day care babies put a smile on my face when I was going through a very hard time. But now I felt it was time for me to be a mother to my own children, so December 21st was my last day with all my kids. I'm glad to say though they have all transitioned well into their new day cares, and I see them all often! I miss them all very much!

In order for me to become a stay at home mom though, we also made another decision that has caused our lives for the last 6 weeks to be thrown into complete chaos! We decided to rent out our townhouse to my older sister and her family, and move in with Roger's mother! We moved on the same day as Jackie's first birthday party, and pretty quickly we realized, without going into too much detail, living with Roger's mother was just not going to work out. So, we started looking for an apartment, and we could not find one that we could afford until the end of March! We finally got a move in date of April 1st! So from mid- February until April 1st my wonderful sister let me, my husband, and Jackie stay in our townhouse with them! We are still getting settled in our new place, it's a 2 bedroom apartment that is just a perfect size for our little family. It has an indoor pool open year round and an outdoor pool for the summer, plus a fitness room! And I am loving not having a big 'ole townhouse to clean! I am so thankful I am able to be a stay at home mom, it's truly the only thing I've ever wanted, I've never wanted a career, I've always just wanted to be a mommy and a wife.

So, I think that is it as far as changes go with our little family! I'm gonna wrap this post up with a few pics from Jackie's first birthday party. Once we get the Internet in our apartment I will be able to update more often, so check back for some updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment